This will list all 'dates known' of documents and inscriptions being discovered.
- second millennium BC Arkalokhori Axe
- 10th century Original text of the Archimedes Palimpsest created.
- 13th century Overlaid text of the Archimedes Palimpsest composed.
- 1426 A manuscript dating to this year contains a number of scripts including the Alphabetum Kaldeorum
- 1897 Alekanovo inscription discovered
- 1912 Voynich Manuscript discovered.
- 1939 Alexander D'Agapeyeff developed what is now called the D'Agapeyeff cipher.
- March 14, 1952 Copper Scroll discovered.
- 1985 AVM Runestone created.
- 1988 A Book from the Sky published.
- 1999 Starving of Saqqara at Concordia University, Quebec, Canada.
- 2014 Runologist K Jonas Nordby announced a partial solution to the Jötunvillur inscriptions.
The Wikipedia timeline and list of constructed languages is at