This is a chronological listing for documents other than the Voynich Manuscript, ciphers and other materials where the date of creation is known.
The various sequences will be separated out when the list is more fully developed.
- second millennium BC Arkalokhori Axe
- 10th century Original text of the Archimedes Palimpsest created.
- 13th century Overlaid text of the Archimedes Palimpsest composed.
- 1426 A manuscript dating to this year contains a number of scripts including the Alphabetum Kaldeorum
- 1897 Alekanovo inscription discovered
- 1939 Alexander D'Agapeyeff developed what is now called the D'Agapeyeff cipher.
- March 14, 1952 Copper Scroll discovered.
- 1985 AVM Runestone created.
- 1988 A Book from the Sky published.
- 2001 AVM Runestone discovered.
- 2014 Runologist K Jonas Nordby announced a partial solution to the Jötunvillur inscriptions.
The Wikipedia timeline and list of constructed languages is at